Sunday, October 16, 2011

Module 8 - Cable News MSNBC/Effect of Hyper-Competition in Cable / Steve Jobs

MSNBC coverage on protests against big corporation greed:

"We got sold out, banks got bailed out" and "All day, all week, occupy Wall Street." American protesters are angry that U.S. banks are enjoying booming profits after getting bailouts in 2008, while many people are struggling in a difficult economy with more than 9 % percent unemployment and little help from Washington.

It is safe to say this specific event was identified as a liberal event in which MSNBC provided a large amount of coverage with little attention to other important news this specific day. However I feel that MSNBC is balanced enough to challenge any critic’s about presenting a liberal bias on the news that is being covered. News being presented on MSNBC is more balanced than the conservative bias that FOX leans towards when presenting news to its viewers.

Overall based on the coverage; I feel that those running coverage on the protest did step over the line this time. Other important news such as the death of Steve Jobs really deserved part of that attention. Rest in Peace.

I feel that all media has an agenda to make beyond just the facts. However if you have diverse employment staff working towards the same goals then there will be a balanced viewpoint in the reporting of news to its followers such as MSNBC. If you have nothing but conservative republicans representing a company; then the bias is strong and viewers are subject to only one aspect of the news.

Effect of Hyper-Competition in Cable:

I think not! Competition in Cable is like competition in business for the fact that the public benefits with more options and more quality. The more views in journalism there are the better quality information is available. No one wants to listen to a one sided bias reporting important news and events. Therefore competitions give viewers options in which help them to develop their one opinions on facts delivered.

Steve Jobs:

“Death is very likely the single best invention of life”. Living each day as if it were your last does inspire me to contribute or create a positive impact on life (person(s) /community). Whatever I chose to do; I think Steve Jobs words influences me to keep doing what makes me happy and to face change with a sense of confidence that things will work out.

I am still at a stand still carrier wise at this point in time. Entering my last semester of school, my goal is to place myself in a situation where I am more available to my family, and that I can be a shoulder to lean one. Just like rapper 2Pac said, “I may not be the person to change the world, but I want to spark the mind of the person who will change the world”.

Thanks Steve Jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment